About Grodno State Medical University
One of the top medical universities in Belarus to study MBBS in Belarus, Grodno State Medical University was established in 1958 and is among the best medical universities in Belarus. Grodno State Medical University has partnerships with medical institutions in Poland, Germany, Russia, the USA, etc. The university has a range of disciplines. The faculty at the university is very well qualified and therefore the quality of the education at the university is outstanding Pediatrics, Medical Diagnostics, Medical Psychology, and Advanced Courses, Therapeutics are the significant disciplines at Grodno State Medical University. The university has hundreds of students from over 30 countries, including India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Greece, Morocco, Egypt, Sri Lanka, etc.
Quick information for MBBS in Belarus at Grodno State Medical University
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 with 60%|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory.|
|Course Fee||Rs.3 to 3.2 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||5 + 1 year internship|
|Medium||English & Russian|
|Universities Recognition||MCI and WHO approved|
Advantages of studying MBBS at Grodno State Medical University
No doubt Grodno State Medical University is one of the most preferred universities to study MBBS in Belarus.
- This is among the Belarus top medical universities.
- University degrees and diplomas are accepted worldwide.
- The university ranks among the world’s top 500 best universities.
- The centers of education and study in Europe and other countries are connected to the Grodno State Medical University.
- Grodno is the best place to stay and to study.
- Students can opt for practical training abroad.
- Since 1995 531 foreign students have studied at the university from 30 different countries. The language of study, then, is both English and Russian.
About Courses and Faculties at Grodno State Medical University
Grodno state medical university syllabus
There are 5 different faculties at the Grodno State Medical University which are:
- Faculty of General medicine – In the beginning, it was the only faculty at the university. The number of graduates from this faculty, at the beginning, was 248. Now, 500-600 students get graduated from this faculty every year.
- Faculty of Medical diagnostics – This faculty has been established in 2008, and hence this is the youngest faculty at the university. This faculty has two major courses:- Nursing, for which the course duration is 4 years and the degree will be ‘Graduate Nurse’. The second course is ‘Medical Diagnostics’ for which the course duration is 5 years and the degree will be ‘Physician’.
- Faculty of Mental Health medicine – It is the faculty that is found only in the Grodno State Medical University in Belarus. It was established in 1993. The positions such as Psychiatrists, Addiction Psychiatrists, psychotherapists, etc. are acquired by the students who graduate from this faculty.
- Faculty of Pediatrics – It was established in 1979. The university introduced specialized children disease courses into the full course of studies of pediatric students. Pediatric, Pediatric surgery, Pediatric Anesthesiology, and emergency medicine, Pediatric Gynecology are the four majors of Pediatric faculty.
- Medical faculty for international students – The medical faculty for international students was established in 1995. International students can pursue their education either in the Russian medium or English medium. The Russian language can be used as the language of communication with the patients. The degrees from this university are recognized worldwide.
MBBS Admission Procedure in Belarus at Grodno State Medical University
Students are expected to apply to foreign students at the medical faculty within 3 working days upon arrival in Belarus. For that, students need to fulfill the following entry requirements
- Valid international passport with the relevant study visa
- All original educational certificates
- Original Birth certificate
- Medical fitness certificate by a registered doctor with stamp
- 10 passport size photos
- Medical insurance
- Filled visa application form
- HIV negative certificate
Intake for MBBS in Grodno State Medical University
To get admission in MBBS in Grodno State Medical University, it is important to apply in July or August as the session for the month of September is only available.
Once the student documents mentioned above have been authenticated, the following admission process will take place-
- Acquiring temporary permission to stay within 3 working days of arrival – for 90 days.
- Having a primary medical check-up
- Checking-in at the Dormitory
- Passing the Interview
- Signing the study contract
- Having a detailed Medical Check-up
- Paying the Fee
- Getting enrolled by the Rector
- Getting 1 year Stay Permission
Accreditation & Recognition
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC)
- Maldivian medical and dental council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC, UK)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign medical graduates (ECFMG) of USA
Student’s life at Grodno State Medical University, Belarus
- This university has one of the largest medical libraries in the country with 4,20,000 copies of textbooks, and a library with different materials such as CDs, medical journals, periodicals, etc. The library is also connected to the Internet so that there is online access to the biomedical database.
- There are 4 student hostels next to the main building of the university. They can accommodate 1840 students.
- The university has canteens with a good and rich variety of food, or students can prepare their own meals at the hostel. Students could either reside in university hostels or choose private accommodation.
- Grodno State Medical University has a very well-equipped gymnasium as well as other sports facilities within easy reach of the University Hostel and Central Building.
- Many of the other facilities that University offers to students include the Indoor Badminton court, soccer facilities, etc. Students can relax and enjoy outdoor sports and recreation during their free time as the university provides such facilities.
About Grodno City
The city of Grodno is situated in the western part of Belarus, close to the borders of Poland and Lithuania. There are five rivers flowing through the city of Grodno. The climate in Grodno City is a warm continental summer climate. In winters, the temperature can be as low as-5.70 degrees Celsius. The city of Grodno has a vibrant culture. The famous old castle of Grodno, the church of Kalozha, is part of the city. Every year, the city celebrates ceremonies and festivals with great joy.