About Vitebsk State Medical University
The State Medical University of Vitebsk is one of the leading medical universities in Belarus for MBBS. It was founded in 1934. Vitebsk state medical university is one of the top government medical universities. It is a non-profit public higher education institution based in the city of Vitebsk. If you want to pursue MBBS in Belarus this university could be your most preferred choice.
MBBS in Belarus at Vitebsk State Medical University is the dream of many international students, this university is 84 years old and has developed its own admission policies on the basis of entrance examinations. The courses and programs offered by this university are degree programs such as pre-graduate degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, doctoral degrees, etc. At present, there are five faculties at the university: the medical preventive faculty, the pharmaceutical faculty, the training faculty for foreign experts, the refresher faculty, the pre-university training faculty, etc. The Vitebsk State Medical University’s teaching faculties are highly qualified and educated. The university has a broad variety of facilities for students, such as computing facilities, internet, library, student science research society, student cafe, sports center, etc.
Vitebsk State Medical University – At a Glance
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 with 60%|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Fee||Rs.3 to 3.50 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||5 + 1 year internship|
|Medium of Education||English & Belarusian|
|University Recognition||MCI and WHO approved.|
Advantages of Studying at Vitebsk State Medical University
- The passing ratio of this university to the MCI is 26.2% and it is an accredited university with MCI.
- Students can do postgraduate from the USA as it is an ECFMG recognized university.
- There is a strong patient flow in clinics at Vitebsk state medical university.
- The faculty is very well trained and qualified and thus offers a very high standard of education.
- Greater opportunities for studying and working can be developed as the University of Vitebsk has collateral links with several countries.
- Medical education fees at this university are small.
- There are students from about 30 different countries in this institution, and students can have a multidimensional cultural experience.
- Upon completing their studies, students will get better job prospects.
- The probability of eligible candidates securing a visa is 100 percent.
- The medium of education is English.
- This meets European standard education with a ratio of 10:1 student-teacher.
- Students do not need to attend any entrance test, such as IELTS or TOEFL, for admission to MBBS at this university.
About Courses and Faculties at Vitebsk State Medical University
As stated above, there are five distinct faculties at the university, which are the Medical Preventive Faculty, the Pharmaceutical Faculty, the Faculty of Training for Foreign Specialists, the Faculty of Update Specialists, and the Faculty of Pre-University Training.
- The medical preventive faculty – It was founded in 1934. The duration of this course is 6 years. Students become general practitioners at the end of 6 years.
- The Pharmaceutical faculty – It was founded in 1959. The duration of this course is 5 years for full time and 5.5 years for correspondence. At the end of the course, the students become Pharmacists or get a degree as Master of Pharmacy, in the case of foreign students.
- The faculty for updating specialists – This faculty was founded in 1994. The main aim of this faculty is to raise the level of expertise of the people who are working at the different pharmaceutical and medical institutions of Belarusian Ministry of Public Health and who have graduated from the higher school.
- The faculty for training specialists for foreign countries – This faculty began in 1981. At the university, a separate department is there for the pre-institute training of foreign students.
- The faculty for pre-university training – The purpose of this faculty is the professional orientation of the youth and improvement of the general education level. The duration of this course is 8 months for full time and 8.5 months for correspondence.
Admission Procedure of Vitebsk State Medical University
A student must have a qualified NEET exam with good scores to take an admission to Vitebsk State Medical University. The student must have studied 10 + 2-level Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and must not have scored less than 50 percent marks in the same exam.
Required Documents for the MBBS Admission of a Student:
- 10th, 11th, and 12th mark sheets
- Fitness certificate by a registered doctor
- Valid international passport
- Scan copy of NEET-UG scorecard
- All original student certificates and birth certificates
- Official study invitation approved by the migration department of Belarus
- Medical insurance
- 10 passport size photos
- Filled visa application form
Accreditation and Recognition
Vitebsk State Medical University has high ratings in world ranking systems, and its MD degrees are recognized and accredited by following body:-
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC)
- Maldivian medical and dental council (MMDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC, UK)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Education Commission of Foreign medical graduates (ECFMG) of USA
Accommodation & Campus Facilities at Vitebsk State Medical University
- There are University’s own hostels on Vitebsk State Medical University campus where students are accommodated. Hostels are high-quality standards, consisting of hot water systems, electricity, central heating, water, and gas supply.
- Students can prepare their meals at the hostels or can take their meals in the University’s canteen or cafe.
- Vitebsk State Medical University has a well-equipped Gymnasium and other sports facilities that are within walking distance from the University’s hostel and the main building.
- Some of the other amenities University offers to students include indoor badminton, football facilities, etc. Students can relax and engage in outdoor sports and recreation during their free time as the university provides such facilities.
About ‘Vitebsk’ City
Vitebsk is Belarus’s birthplace of famous artist Marc Chagall. Annunciation Church, Belarus ‘oldest building, is located in Vitebsk. Vitebsk has cold climate and heavy rainfall in the driest months.
Belarus’s fourth-largest city is Vitebsk. In 1999, city trade and finance boosted. The city has beautiful churches built by Romans, Russians and Ukrainians, famous for the city. Vitebsk’s regional museum is also an attraction.