About Osh State Medical University
Osh State Medical University was established in 1951 under a different name, which was subsequently changed to Osh State Medical University. It is the finest and largest university to offer medical courses in Kyrgyzstan. Osh State Medical University is authorized by the Regional Government and the Indian Medical Council to offer various degree and postgraduate courses in the medical field. MBBS is offered to local and international students.
Osh State Medical University offers MBBS at an affordable price and a high level of education. Around 40,000 medical students are currently trained at the university. It has one of the largest infrastructures in the Kyrgyz Republic. Osh State Medical University provides its students with facilities such as well-equipped laboratories, comfortable classrooms, and qualified faculties.
Osh State Medical University teaches MBBS courses in both English and Kyrgyzstan. Students can easily choose their convenient language as a mode of education at Osh State Medical University. The university is currently made up of about 250 faculty members.
Accreditation/Recognition of Osh State Medical University
The Osh State Medical University is a University enlisted in the most reputed medical University in Kyrgyzstan. The Osh State Medical University is affiliated to the state Ministry of Education and Science of Kyrgyzstan federation.
In total, Osh State Medical University posses a recognition of the following organizations.
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyzstan Federation.
- Indian medical council
- Educational Commission for foreign medical graduates
- International medical educational directory
Thus, the curriculum followed by the Osh State Medical University is offered by all these organizations.
Departments at Osh State Medical University
- Family Medicine
- General Medicine
- Infectious diseases
Indian Students studying at Osh State Medical University
- Osh State Medical University has served Indian students for the last three years.
- The high majority of Indian students have recently enrolled at the university.
- Around 2,000 Indian students are currently enrolled in various medical courses at the university.
- The University also allows these Indian students to apply for distinguished post-graduate courses.
- Osh State Medical University offers a number of facilities to Indian students.
- Students provided accommodation at affordable prices.
- The university also offers facilities such as clean water, a variety of kitchens and a convenient study system that makes it easier for students to understand the new atmosphere.
- In addition, Osh State Medical University offers free coaching of the Indian Medical Council Screening Test, which makes it easier for students to obtain certification for the practice of medicine in India.
- As a result, Indian students can easily go back to their hometowns for future endorsements.
Duration of MBBS in Osh State Medical University
The duration of the MBBS course at Osh State Medical University is 6 years and consists of one year of practical learning, i.e. internships and another 5 years of theoretical learning in the form of classroom learning.
The Osh State Medical University also allows its students to work during the MBBS period. This gives students extreme exposure and perfection to excel in the field chosen by them.
Ranking of Osh State Medical University
Osh State Medical University is one of the most prestigious medical institutions in Kyrgyzstan.
The university is approved and recognized by major medical organizations.
The Osh State Medical University ranks 9610th when it comes to the list of all institutes around the globe.
However, the university ranks 7th in the ranking of institutes within the country’s horizons.
Admission 2020 Osh State Medical University
Students from different countries may apply to the Osh State Medical University. The University does not accept regional or national bars.
The Osh State Medical University admissions begin in March and end until September. The seats are scarce and students are encouraged to obtain a university seat as soon as possible.
There is a set of documents a student must possess while entering in the Osh State Medical University for the continuation of admission procedure.
These documents include:
- Mark sheets of 10th 12th standard of registered boards.
- Transfer certificate of the applicant.
- Migration certificate of the applicant.
- Passport size photographs.
- Valid passport.
- Medical insurance certificate and other documents attached to it.
- Eligibility certificate issued by the Medical Council of India if not qualified in NEET otherwise, NEET qualification Mark sheet.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission at Osh State Medical University
The eligibility criteria stated by the University for students include:-
- Before 31 December of the applicant’s year, the applicant shall be at least 17 years of age.
- The average age-appropriate for university applications is 25 years.
- The student must have completed the 12th grade with English physics, chemistry, and biology.
- The student must have completed 10th standards with an Indian Government approved board.
- The applicant must have correctly scored the NEET examination cleared.
Students are expected to complete the admission process at Osh State Medical University with a few simple steps.
The steps to be followed are:-
- Online application – students can apply their documents through the Osh State Medical University website. Students have to wait a while after they have scanned copies of these documents submitted online.
- The next move is to obtain an invitation letter. Upon review and verification of student records, the University sends an invitation letter to students here.
- The students will receive a confirmation letter from the university within 1-2 working days.
- Students who obtain a letter of approval must apply the students ‘tuition fees as soon as possible. Students are free to pay the charge through net banking and other options.
- The next item on the list is the application for a visa. Students must apply for a visa after a confirmation letter is issued, as visa processing can take time.
- The last stage is the start of registration classes at Altai State Medical University. Students are expected to sign within 3 days of their arrival.
Advantages of MBBS Studies at Osh State Medical University
Osh State Medical University is one of the oldest and most recognized medical science universities.
Features owned by the Osh State Medical University are small and make it suitable for MBBS applications in different departments.
These features include:-
- High quality of education.
- Decades of experience in medical fields.
- World-class faculty.
- Affordable academic fee.
- Large infrastructure.
- Convenient study curriculum.
- Special attention to weak students.
- Equal importance to practical and theoretical knowledge.
- Well equipped labs and advanced classrooms.
- Recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization.
- Degree from Osh State Medical University applies to practice medicine in various countries.
- Both graduate and postgraduate courses in various subjects.
- There are no additional charges applied by the university.
- The Osh State Medical University promotes research by providing research opportunities to students.
- Extracurricular activities are given importance for the personal level development of students.
- Sports activities are also encouraged by the university
- Security is ensured by CCTV surveillance all over.
Hostel and Accommodation at Osh State Medical University
The Osh State Medical University provides hostel facilities for students of foreign and national backgrounds from all over the world.
The university has one of the republic’s largest structures. It consists of a total of 9 hostels.
The facilities provided by Osh State University, Medical Faculty in the hostels include:
- The rooms are available on a sharing basis, each room can be shared by 2-3 students
- Spacious and well-ventilated rooms
- Facilities like color TV, air conditioners, telephone are given
- Students can avail the internet at the hostel
- 24*7 protection by police
- CCTV surveillance
- Close to the main campus of Osh state medical university
- Affordable and easily available
- Canteen with Indian food
- Healthy and clean food and water
- Student-friendly environment
Osh is also regarded by many sources as the “capital of the south.” The city is Kyrgyzstan’s second-largest city. The temperature is average throughout the year. Students are also drawn by the city’s cultural attractions.
The city has a wealth of culture and energy. While most local residents still speak a local language, English is widely understood here. Students are not faced with language gaps or prejudice in Osh. Students can adapt quickly to the city’s environment.