About Gdańsk Medical University
Gdańsk Medical University was founded on 8 October 1945. The university has an old tradition of practicing medicine, teaching in medical and natural sciences under the supervision of eminent experts in the fields concerned.
As per the ranking of Perspektywy, it is the best medical school in the country and ranked among the top 10 Polish state universities.
Some Ph.D. students, postgraduate students, and undergraduate students are educated at Gdańsk Medical University in 6000 of them. The university is part of the program of the International Research Agenda provided by the Polish Science Foundation.
The University has a Medical Simulation Center, a modern sports center and a student club association to organize activities such as student exchange programs, press, conferences, etc.
Accreditation and Recognition
- Medical Council of India
- Medical Council of Thailand
- Ministry of Health and Medical Education, Iran
- Federation of Medical Education and Research
Gdańsk Medical University – Quick Highlights
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|IELTS/TOEFL||Yes, It’s required|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Education||English & Polish|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 9
World Rank – 3904
Admission Process 2020-21 MBBS Course at GMU
- The candidate must register with all valid documents on the university’s website.
- Send a scanned copy of the documents by e-mail.
- After verification, the applicant will receive an invitation letter within 7 working days.
- Upon confirmation, a candidate may apply for a visa.
- Once you get approval from the ministry, a candidate can deposit the tuition fees in the university’s bank account.
Eligibility Criteria: For MBBS Course at GMU
- Applicants should complete 12th-level examinations with subjects such as physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Applicants must apply for an English proficiency test, i.e. IELTS or TOEFL, as carried out by the institute.
- A total of 50 percent is required for higher secondary examination & for Diploma candidates.
- The applicant must be between 17 and 25 years of age.
Faculties Offered at Gdańsk Medical University
1. Faculty of Medicine
- The faculty offers undergraduate medical education in preclinical and clinical research.
- Faculty conducts health care at the University Clinical Center, Gdansk regional hospitals.
- Faculty performed high- activity authorized by the Higher Education Ministry, Poland.
2. Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Pharmacy offers a master course in laboratory medicine and medical analytics which provides high-quality education enhancing doctoral studies.
- Faculty has postgraduate training centers, virtual laboratory, medicinal plant garden for teaching and practical implementation of pharmacist’s care system.
- Faculty offers specialization in Pharmaceutical pharmacy, hospital pharmacy and industrial pharmacy accredited by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Poland.
3. Faculty of Health Science
- Faculty educates the students in the following fields: nursing, public health, physiotherapy, environmental health, health psychology etc.
- The Faculty of Health Sciences worked on an on-going increase in education and education quality with universities in Sweden, the USA, Lithuania, France, Portugal, and so on.
Top features of Gdańsk Medical University
- Best medical school in Poland
- Top 10 best academic universities in Country
- Rank 2 among medical universities in the country for scientific effectiveness and publications
- Affiliated with abroad universities follows the international standard for medical studies
- The university has a modern didactic and clinical base
Gdansk is Poland’s most popular tourist destination, the hub of economic life, science and culture. The city of Gdansk is the capital of the Primorsky district of Northern Poland at the mouth of the Vistula River on the Baltic Sea. The city has a thousand years of history of museums, churches, art galleries and historic sites that are witnesses to the city’s ongoing life for one thousand years.
The city of Gdansk has the well-developed business infrastructure, comprehensive research, consultancy services, and highly-trained human resources. The city has a global airport with two ferry terminals to service the Gdansk and Copenhagen lines via Denmark and Sweden Gdansk City’s climate is fairly continental and oceanic every year with low precipitation. Summer is not as hot as the rest of Poland’s cities. Temperatures are normally up to 20 ° C in the day & 15 ° C in the night. The city has an unusually cold winter, the temperature falls below 0 ° C and is usually between 1 and 5 ° C.
Gdansk is a high school in Pomerania for high-quality student education.