About Poznan University of Medical Science
Poznan Medical University is the 95-year-old medical university in Poland that offers medical students excellent academic excellence and dynamic development. The university is one of Poland’s leading medical schools known as Poland’s largest college, clinical and research center.
In collaboration with 6 specialized hospitals, Poznan Medical University performs ongoing research and clinical teaching. About 8000 students are enrolled in the university, including 1000 foreign students. The University jointly research foreign programs, studies projects, scientific conferences and exchange programs between students and faculty.
Every year, universities invest in improved teaching methodologies that represent the latest advances in medical technology.
Poznan Medical University- Quick Facts
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|IELTS/TOEFL||Yes, It’s required|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Education||English & Polish|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 54
World Rank – 4433
Accreditation and Recognition
- Ministry of Health and Social Welfare of the Republic of Poland
- Medical Board of California
- National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation
- Polish Medical Schools
- Medical Council of India
- United States of Department of Education
Benefits of Poznan Medical University
- 100% clinical training.
- 94% pass rate.
- Best medical school in Poland.
- Advanced European curriculum.
- Around 1000 foreign students graduated from the university.
- International accreditation.
Criteria of Admission MBBS 2020-21
- The student must have a high school diploma for medical training at the Medical University of Poznan.
- Students will have a high degree of expertise in fields such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The applicant must clear the university’s entrance exams.
- Students need to clear a test of English skills.
For the TOEFL Exam
- Internet-based test: 79 points
- Paper-based test: 550 points
- Computer-based test: Min 213 points
For the IELTS Exam: Min. 6.5 points
Courses offered at Poznan Medical University
- Poznan Medical University offers a 6-year M.D program designed for international students graduated from high school having good grades in physics, biology, chemistry, and English.
- M.D program at the university is recognized by the Medical Board of California.
- The first three years are the preclinical years and the remaining 3years are the years of practical clinical knowledge and training.
- The university offers a 5-year D.D.S program for foreign students & after completion, of course, the degree awarded to students is Doctor of Dental Surgery.
- Dentistry graduates can practice in North America, the United States or Canada for their further medical studies.
- The university provides a Doctor of Pharmacy program for the U.S, Canadian and other international school graduates awarded a degree of pharmacy.
- The academics have an advanced curriculum designed to meet the standards and guidelines for the professional program in pharmacy.
- The program is approved by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
M.Sc. Physiotherapy Program
- M.Sc. The physiotherapy program lasts for 5-year with European curriculum & English as a language of instruction.
- The program is provided in 4 specialties: orthopedic, neurological, manual therapy and sports medicine.
Poznan Medical University – World & Country Ranking
|Poznan Medical University||Country Rank||World Rank|
International Collaboration of Poznan Medical University
- The university has partnered on a teaching and research program with other universities abroad.
- The University has a relationship in Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Norway, China, USA, Japan, Ukraine and Belarus with global medical universities.
- The students and faculty work together through collaborative studies and international programs.
- Poznan Medical University participates in academic conferences for student-faculty research and teaching.
About Poznan City
The town of Poznan has an old market square with colorful merchant houses from the 16th century that have a complete impact on European market life. The city is surrounded by natural parks and thousands of years old Rogalin oaks, with thousands of tropical plants, reptiles, and palm-tree fish.
The town has four large lakes for water sports and leisure. The city of Poznan has cultural festivals such as the Festival of Malta which has great names in music and dance. Old Poznan museums have a historical museum from the 10th century.
Citadel Park is the city’s traditional park of military monuments and museums. The region incorporates landmarks such as the Peace Bell, the Soviet obelisk and several military cemeteries. Between May and September, the city is suitable for weather conditions. It is the perfect time to visit the city of Poznan.