About Poltava State Medical and Dental University
Information for students who wish to get admission to MBBS in Ukraine 2020.
Founded in 1921, Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy (UMSA) could be Ukraine’s oldest universities, educating physicians, dental specialists, nurses, and other medical experts. It is the largest Ukrainian University these days with strong clinical foundations and solid scientific potential.
Poltava is a town situated in central Ukraine on the Vorskla River. It is the Poltava Oblast (province) administrative center, as well as the oblast’s surrounding Poltava Raion (district). The total estimated population of Poltava is 296,760 (as of 2013).
Poltava has always been one of Ukraine’s most important science and education centers. The Poltava Ukrainian Medical & Stomatological Academy (abbreviated as UMSA) is a leading state institution of higher education in the training of doctors and dentists. In 1921 the academy started its operation as the Kharkiv Medical Academy’s Odontological Faculty. In 1967 the institution was moved to the city of Poltava and renamed the Poltava Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Institution, which was granted the highest six level of accreditation and the status of PoltavaState Medical University in 1994. Its Level IV accreditation was confirmed in 2004.
Academy Structure of Ukraine Medical Stomatological Academy
5 Faculties (comprising 53 Departments): Dental Faculty, Medical Faculty No. 1, Medical Faculty No 2 (Pediatrics), Faculty for Foreign Students, Postgraduate Faculty.
- 53 Departments.
- Medical college (Nurse training).
- Research Institute for Genetics and Immunological Foundations of Pathology and
- Offices of pre-university
The Academy prepares specialists in dentistry, general medicine, pediatrics, medical nursing, prosthodontics, and pharmacy. 1055 of these students are from 46 countries worldwide (including Morocco, Algiers, India, Jordan, Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Libya, Russia, Turkmenistan, etc.). The Academy’s strong cultural diversity reflects its global scope and dedication to international knowledge.
The Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy provides specialist training for the following programs in compliance with the certificate provided by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science No. 1352-l as of 21 June 2018).
- Dentistry (221, 5-year course)
- Medicine (222, 6-year course)
- Pediatrics (228, 6-year course)
1. Dentistry (7.12010005, 5-year course)
2. General Medicine (7.12010001, 6-year course)
3. Pediatrics (7.12010002, 6-year course)
– Junior specialists:
- Nursing (223, 3-year course – on the basis of complete secondary education, 4-year course – on the basis of basic general secondary education)
- Pharmacy, industrial pharmacy (226, full-time form – 2-year course, on the basis of complete secondary education; 3-year course – on the basis of basic general secondary education, distance – 3-year course on the basis of complete secondary education)